Welcome to the Forum..

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Forum..

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

child labour in pakistan

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1child labour in pakistan Empty child labour in pakistan 24/01/10, 12:32 pm

mobijeena

*Moderator*
*Moderator*

Childrens like as flowers, if we force on these then their souls was broken, it is the major issue of any type of country where no any way to help poor peoples and their childrens, so we discuss on child labour in pakistan . Pakistan is poor country, not poor from starting but b/c of our govt polices are not right for any institution of our country . Pakistan always helpless . Pakistan's government never do for own country what they do for poor peoples. If any one living in that country it means they are not in own safe country but in like as jail, but others countrie's jail also good from this countrie's people living . If any country want progress then education is must . Means society of middle class family they give education to their children but any poor peoples can't do this, b/c alot of money need for any education for children , but our government always quite on this issue, only government of pakistan is begging money from others countries from 61 years not for own country but only for own aims it means from 61 years no one good leader who think about their peoples and their children but here alot of curruption in any government department . Pakistan government never think about poor peoples how they survive in life and how get money, how give education to our childern . So we need to think about child labour and those childrens also use drugs b/c they dont know about these things and they are away from their parents so they do as they like and alot of childern died b/c of using drugs and many children died b/c of abusing . i want to give some knowledge to other contries peoples but i know my english isnt good but i think peoples understand what i want to say .

Childrens like as flowers, if we force on these then their souls was broken, it is the major issue of any type of country where no any way to help poor peoples and their childrens, so we discuss on child labour in pakistan . Pakistan is poor country, not poor from starting but b/c of our govt polices are not right for any institution of our country . Pakistan always helpless . Pakistan's government never do for own country what they do for poor peoples. If any one living in that country it means they are not in own safe country but in like as jail, but others countrie's jail also good from this countrie's people living . If any country want progress then education is must . Means society of middle class family they give education to their children but any poor peoples can't do this, b/c alot of money need for any education for children , but our government always quite on this issue, only government of pakistan is begging money from others countries from 61 years not for own country but only for own aims it means from 61 years no one good leader who think about their peoples and their children but here alot of curruption in any government department . Pakistan government never think about poor peoples how they survive in life and how get money, how give education to our childern . So we need to think about child labour and those childrens also use drugs b/c they dont know about these things and they are away from their parents so they do as they like and alot of childern died b/c of using drugs and many children died b/c of abusing . i want to give some knowledge to other contries peoples but i know my english isnt good but i think peoples understand what i want to say .

2child labour in pakistan Empty Re: child labour in pakistan 24/01/10, 12:35 pm

mobijeena

*Moderator*
*Moderator*

child labour in pakistan 945455_f520

child labour in pakistan 945443_f520

child labour in pakistan 945442_f520

child labour in pakistan 945444_f520

3child labour in pakistan Empty Re: child labour in pakistan 24/01/10, 12:38 pm

mobijeena

*Moderator*
*Moderator*

The National Child Labour survey ( 1 ), conducted in 1996 by the Federal Bureau of Statistics, found 3.3 million of the 40 million children (in the 5-14 years age group) to be economically active ( 2 ) on a full-time basis. Of the 3.3 million working children, 73 per cent (2.4 million) were boys and 27 per cent (0.9 million), girls. Children's contribution to work in rural areas is about eight times greater than in urban areas. The number of economically active children in the 10-14 years age group is more than four times the children in the 5-9 years age group.
Rural children are mostly engaged in the agricultural sector (74 per cent), whereas in urban areas, most working children (31 per cent) are engaged in the manufacturing sector. In both areas, the percentage of girls working in manufacturing and services is higher than that of boys; this indicates that girls are more likely to work in the manufacturing and services sectors as compared to boys. It is also observed that in the non-agricultural sectors, most of the working children (93 per cent) are engaged in informal activities.
A considerable proportion of the working children in the 5-14 years age group (46 per cent) are working more than the normal working hours, i.e. 35 hours per week, with 13 per cent working 56 hours or more per week. In urban areas, 73 per cent of the working children work more than the normal working hours, which is significantly higher than in rural areas (42 per cent). This shows that working conditions are generally worse in urban areas.
According to survey findings, the major factors responsible for child labour were:

• Large population with high population growth rate;
  • Almost three-fourths (70 per cent) of the total population living in rural areas, with subsistence agricultural activities;
  • Low productivity and prevalence of poverty;
  • Unpaid family helpers, especially in agricultural activities;
  • Discriminating social attitude towards girls and women;
  • Inadequate educational facilities.

Working children come from large families in the low-income bracket. The average household size of working children was found to be eight members, which is higher than the national average. A higher proportion of economically active girls falls under households with nine plus members. The survey indicates that the most cogent reasons given by parents/guardians for letting their child work are to assist in house enterprise (69 per cent), and to supplement the household income (28 per cent). The former is pronounced in rural households, whereas the latter is more significant in urban families.
One-third of the working children are literate, which shows that mere completion of primary education is not an effective deterrent to child labour. School enrolment indicates that economically active children who are not enrolled in school (34.2 per cent) are higher than economically active children combined with school (13.2 per cent). This shows that enrolment is negatively correlated with the involvement of children in economic activity. Education attainment is low because of limited opportunities resulting from inaccessibility of schools; inability of parents to afford schooling costs; irrelevance of school curriculum to real needs, and restrictions on girls' mobility in certain parts of the country.

4child labour in pakistan Empty Re: child labour in pakistan 24/01/10, 12:53 pm

Humayun

Humayun
*Moderator*
*Moderator*

Very Niceee

5child labour in pakistan Empty Re: child labour in pakistan 24/01/10, 04:36 pm

ERUM ALI

ERUM ALI
*Administrator*
*Administrator*

child labour in pakistan 159357